Mulberry Marine Experiences Ltd v1.9 dated May 2021
Please read these Terms and Conditions very carefully before booking your trip as they will apply to your contract with us.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions only: "you" and "your" means you the customer. "Skipper" refers to the person responsible for Mulberry Diver on a trip and "I", "we", "ours" and "us" means Mulberry Marine Experiences Ltd.
- It is your responsibility to contact the Dive Centre between 16:00 and 17:00 the day before your scheduled departure to check that the conditions are suitable for the boat to run. There will be occasions when we wish to see the updated forecast later in the evening, if this is the case, you will be advised, and arrangements made.
- Our dives are categorized and priced according to distance from the East Beach slipway as follows. Inshore trip (up to 3 miles) £30; Coastal trip (3-6 miles) £35; Offshore trip (6-9 miles) £45; Further Offshore trip (9 miles +) £50 per diver. Please note that whilst COVID-19 and Government Guidelines on social distancing restrict the numbers on the boat we require minimum numbers. If numbers are not met we reserve the right to alter the location of the dive.
- Our book bookings are managed via the website. You may only book spaces after you have purchased a Boat Bond (rolling deposit) in the amount of £25. You are required to have one Bond per space that you book on a boat. The bond counts for booking multiple boats through the season. During the season you will pay in full for your dives the day before they physically occur. For your final dive of the year, the £25 can either be credited towards the dive or rolled forward to next year at your option. If you have booked a series of dives and do not turn up on a scheduled date, the boat bond will be used to offset the cost of the trip and all future bookings cancelled.
- By You - Where a cancellation is received less than 7 days before departure payment in full is required unless the space is sold on. If payment is not received when requested we will use the boat bond and cancel all future bookings. If you are late or elect not to dive on the day no refund will be given. You are required to be ready to load 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- By Us - Minimum numbers are required for a dive to take place, (Inshore/Coastal - 4 persons; Offshore/Further offshore - 6 persons) . We will endeavour to fill remaining places; if not possible then the skipper may revise the trip plan or cancel the dive - in this instance you will not be charged if you opt not to dive. If a trip is cancelled because we consider you are not fit to dive or not ready to depart at the scheduled departure time you will be liable for the full cost of the trip.
- Weather - Diving is weather and tide dependent; dives are therefore subject to change from the advertised schedule or cancellation due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If we cancel under these conditions you will be entitled to a credit or refund if you have paid for the dive. The skipper's decision in relation to weather conditions and fitness to dive is final and binding.
- Insurance - You are required to have your own insurance -proof of cover may be requested.
- You are responsible for the conduct of your own dive within your own capabilities, training and experience. Evidence of certification (card or logbook) is required and must be forwarded when booking your dive. You must complete all required paperwork and return it to us prior to diving, these include risk assumption and COVID declaration. Depths given are estimates and should not be taken as exact.
- Each diver is required to carry a timing device, SMB and reel on every dive. Each diver must be capable of safe SMB deployment underwater.
- If you book onto a boat as a single person you need to provide proof of certification for solo diving and be appropriately equipped, otherwise you will have to forego the dive if you cannot persuade another diver on the boat to dive with you.
- All equipment that you use whether hired or owned is your own responsibility. Neither Mulberry Marine Experiences Ltd nor the skipper accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage. You need to ensure that your equipment is stowed safely.
- The Diving at Work Regulations 1997 - you may not appoint us or any of our employees as Diving Supervisors under any circumstances.
- The skipper has total and final authority to make decisions about the safety of Mulberry Diver and the persons onboard. You must follow the Skipper's direction in all matters and the Skipper's decision is final and binding.