Mulberry Marine Experiences Ltd v 1.5 dated February 27th, 2021
Roadmap to return of services. These are subject to change if the guidance from the Government changes. We will regularly update this page with any relevant information and procedures you need to be aware of.
We will continue to run a click and collect service on a Saturday as outlined below in the Friday 8th Janaury update, until we are able to open. Appointments will be required.
We know many of you will wish to return to the water when able. On the first two weekends in April, we will extend the click and collect hours for air fill appointments. Times will be announced for booking the week before.
From April 1st we will resume some outdoor events observing the rule of 6 including Marine Life Walks.
From the week commencing April 12th the Dive Centre will reopen on limited hours. Our full procedures will be published on April 2nd.
From April 17th the boat schedule will begin with restricted numbers on the boat (maximum 5) to allow for social distancing. Masks will be required. COVID surcharge will apply.
We will advise on further steps as we progress. We thank you for your continued support.
COVID UPDATE Friday 8th January.
We have reviewed the guidelines and will be offering a click and collect service for the local area to include purchases, air fills and servicing. Click and collect will be available on a Saturday only between 10:00 and 15:00. If we fill all the slots we will look at adding additional times and you can always contact us to make your request.
Please note the following.
1. You must have a booked and confirmed appointment. You can book via the appointments on this page.
2. All payments will taken by card over the telephone
3. Air fills - you will be given a drop time. We will follow the quarantine process so they will be ready to collect the following week. A time will be agreed with you.
4. Servicing we will contact you when it is ready. When you call to make payment we can agree collection details.
At other times we will be working from home and continuing with our plans for 2021.
We are still able to offer some training. We deliver our academics remotely. This is a great time to complete the theory so you can make the most of diving as soon as we are able.
If you need us we are reachable by email, phone message and messenger. These are checked regularly and we will come back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back in due course.
DECEMBER 2020, COVID 19 PROCEDURES FOR TIER 2
We are pleased to advise that under the guidelines for Tier 2 we can open the Dive Centre and offer services including retail, servicing, air fills, training, and boats. We are open on limited hours as present and these will be reviewed on regular basis. If you need to make a purchase outside these times, we may be able to accommodate the request, please contact us by email, messenger, or phone to arrange an appointment.
We will be following and exceeding Government guidelines to keep you safe and we thank you in anticipation of your help in these matters.
When visiting the shop
- We respectfully ask that if you suspect you have been exposed to COVID that you stay away.
- Please wear a mask in store, we will wear one to protect you, please wear one to protect us.
- We ask you to sanitise your hands when entering, you will find sanitiser on your left as you enter next to our barcode for track and trace.
- Check in using the NHS Track and Trace App or the sign in sheets provided.
- Be patient, we are a small shop so only one household bubble at a time please.
- Payments by card only.
- When possible book an appointment so we can be prepared to help you.
Additional information for cylinder fills
- Place your cylinder at the end of units on your left for checking.
- Make a member of staff aware of your needs
- There are several procedures that mean filling will take a little longer than you are used to. We would ask that you leave the shop and come back later so others may enter.
- When requesting a 300 Bar fill you are likely to be asked to return on another day, we do not always fill on the same day. You will be given a time and day to collect before you leave.
- Payment is on collection and we ask you to use contactless payment.
Additional information for Equipment servicing
- Place your computers, regulators and BCDS in the blue box on your left as you enter the Centre. Cylinders can be placed at the end of the row of units.
- Let a member of staff know of any issues and/or your requirements for service.
- You will be given a work order to check the details of the service you require.
- We will ask you to pay the labour charges at the time of booking in.
- There are several procedures that need to be followed which means that our turnaround time will be a little longer than usual. You will be given an idea of total time before you leave.
Additional Information in relation to Training
- Most academic sessions are being held remotely in online classes. You will be advised at the time of booking.
- If you are required to be in the Centre for you training, you will be required to always wear a mask and observe social distancing.
- Pool sessions are continuing but under Tier 2, but spaces are limited. You will be required to wear a face mask on pool side and observe social distancing from those not in your household bubble. We have conducted Risk Assessments and procedures using available guidance to ensure your comfort and safety. Please ask if you wish full details, we are happy to provide.
- When attending pool sessions, you must observe all COVID policies in place at the Leisure Centre in addition to those of Mulberry Marine Experiences.
We are sorry to advise that currently when visiting us
- We are unable to offer you the drink and conversation that was our pre-COVID normal.
- The changing room is closed. If you need to try an item on, then ask a member of staff.
- We do not have a public toilet, there is one located in East Beach car park just a few minutes away.
- We are always happy to answer your questions but for involved conversations, orientations, and diver progression meetings we have now moved these online. This is so that you are not interrupted and to facilitate customer flow in the Centre.
COVID Procedures for the Boat.
- Mulberry Diver's capacity will be an absolute maximum of 5 people to meet social distancing requirements (5 + Skipper = 6)
- The Dive Rack and Handholds will be cleaned before and after each Trip using Antiseptic Alcohol Wipes which will be disposed of on land; Liquid Disinfectants will not be used to avoid Pollution.
- Equipment is to be assembled and tested beforehand and items such as hood, gloves, fins, water bottle are all to be in a single carry-on bag. Please note that the Skipper is not able to look after Keys - bring a Dry bag in your carry-on bag.
- Please wait in a socially distanced manner on the sea wall whilst the previous boat disembarks, and the boat is cleaned. Whilst on the ramp or beach waiting to board please maintain social distancing.
- Face masks should be worn whilst embarking / disembarking the boat and whenever it is not possible to maintain a 2m social distance. Please bring Hand Sanitiser for your personal use.
- Each diver (or Household Bubble) will need to be able to board and disembark Mulberry Diver independently without assistance from the Skipper or another passenger. Consequently, Mulberry Diver may not operate if the Skipper believes independent boarding and disembarking is not feasible even though weather conditions might normally be suitable.
- Boarding: Ramp usable (mid-tide to HW) - await the Skipper’s command to board individually and move to your position as directed by the Skipper. Put your BCD in the dive rack in front of you and place your carry-on bag next to your equipment - weights should be placed on the floor next to your cylinder.
- Boarding: Beach Loading (low-tide) - the Skipper will indicate your position on the boat; place your carry-on bag and weight belt in the boat at your position. Place your BCD on the tubes next to your position and ensure it is secure before boarding the boat and placing your BCD in the dive rack.
- Buddy checks should be performed socially distanced unless a household / bubble - please follow agency guidance regarding emergency regulator checks bearing in mind that simply purging the regulator does not guarantee it will work underwater.
- Please do not spit in your mask - use antifog.
- One buddy pair / trio to kit-up at a time; exit the boat on the skipper’s command. Keep social distance on the surface and avoid breathing out from regulators towards your buddy.
- On surfacing - only approach the boat when you are the only buddy pair alongside - the Skipper will be able to take fins by their tips only - keep your regulator in. There will be lanyards alongside the boat if you prefer to remove weights or BCD prior too climbing the ladder - the Skipper will not be able to help with these items. Climb the ladder, retrieve, and stow your equipment as directed. Please note that the last person back on the boat will be asked to raise and secure the ladder. If you exit the water without your BCD please ensure you are socially distant as you return to your seat - put a face mask on before retrieving equipment if possible.
- On return to the beach, disembarkment will normally be onto the beach. When the Skipper indicates, place your weights, carry-on bag and BCD on the tubes and then enter the water - wear or ferry the items to the beach.
- Regrettably, we will not be able to provide the normal hot drink after your dive
We thank you for your understanding and continued support at these time. We will regularly review and update these procedures in line with new and additional information from trusted sources. We recommend that you check in and review on a regular basis.